ST Sensor Sales Fall Off A Cliff
ST Microelectronics saw sensor sales fall 19% last year to reduce its place in the sensor market from No.2 to No.4, says IC Insights.
ST’s drop was partly caused by marketshare gains by Bosch and InvenSense, which climbed from 14th in 2013 to ninth in the 2014 sensor/actuator ranking with a 33% increase in sensor sales to $332 million last year.
No.1 was Bosch which grew sales 16% to take 20% of the market.
1. Bosch was up 16% at $1158 million
2. TI was up 7% at $720 million for a
3. HP was up 2% at $645 million
4. ST was down 11% at $630 million
5. Infineon was up 8% at $520 million
IC Insights reckons the sensor market will grow 7% this year to $6 billion.